Where is the camp?
8 km’s east of Infanta / Breede River Mouth.
What to do at the camp?
Private & Exclusive.
The days can be spent exploring the reserve on foot or head out to explore;
- The area is excellent for birding , fishing (Breede River and Witsand).
- River and sea cruises are on offer from Witsand.
- De Hoop Nature Reserve is close by.
- Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve is also close by.
- Malgas Pontoon is one of the oldest pontoons in SA.
- 4×4 trails.
What does it cost?
From R 990.00 – PER PERSON PER NIGHT (SHARING).
Adults – R990.00 per person per night sharing (D,B&B)
Single Occupancy – R1100.00 per person per night (D,B&B)
Children – It is possible for one child (under 18) to share with two adults in a tent, and when they do the following rates will apply;
0 to 9 yrs – not permitted.
10 to 12yrs – R500 per night.
13 to 18 yrs – R550 per night.
When is the camp?
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Dinner and breakfast daily – Lunch on request.
- Tents Include; coil mattresses, duvets, blankets, towels, guest amenities, camping chairs, rechargeable / solar light, cupboard.
- Twin beds can be converted into double beds.
- A turn-down service is provided with hot water bottles for the cool west coast evenings.
- All drinks.
What to bring along
Vast panoramic vistas of the Indian Ocean…
And along South Africa’s magnificent southern cape coast approximately three and a half hours east of Cape Town immerse yourself in typical southern cape’s rugged beauty, accented by endless horizons of the deep blue Indian Ocean.
- Consider bringing your own water bottle to refill in camp as we always ensure there is good drinking water. The sale of bottled water contributes to an enormous environmental problem around the world. In addition to the water in bottles, the production of a 1 litre plastic bottle takes 2 litres of water and 200ml of oil. A large proportion end up in limited landfill or discarded in waterways and natural environments and Africa is not very big on recycling, thus we strive to stay away from this
- At our camps there is access to power to recharge your devices in the communal area at certain times as we use generators and solar to supply power. It goes without saying that generators do not run at all times.
- Please try to avoid bringing unnecessary valuables. We strongly recommend that you photocopy all important documents e.g. flight tickets, passport, vaccination certificate, etc. and keep the copies separate from the originals. While not valid, a photocopy makes it much easier to obtain replacements if necessary. If at all possible ensure that these are certified. The chances are pretty slim that you may need them but better safe than sorry.
- A headlamp or torch is recommended for around the camp at night. Although we supply lighting in our camps and pathways are lit it is always handy to have.
- The camp is a fully licensed operation with a bar so no need to bring along your own alcohol. Corkage will be charged where applicable.
- We cater for all dietary requirements so please ensure that you notify us upon booking of any specific needs or allergies. Our meals are buffet style and depend on the area we are set up, if you are visiting our west coast camp for instance you can expect fresh seafood. Every meal is followed by delicious desert.
- The showers are bucket showers to save water, and hot water is delivered to your tent every morning and evening. And every tent has its own chemical toilet (Porta potti).
- Due to the remoteness of this location we cannot offer power, and so we regret that using hair dryers will not be possible.