About Vagabond Kayaks
This kayak range and all fittings have been designed by award-winning kayak designer Celliers Kruger (formerly the owner and designer of Synergy Kayaks).
1. These are high-performance recreational kayaks that have the stability and comfort you would expect from a recreational boat, but with an ergonomic design that allows correct and efficient paddling technique and good speed to make paddling an enjoyable experience.
2. Paddle cutaways are included on all but their whitewater kayaks. This is a feature that is usually only seen in high-end, competitive kayaks.
3. Custom-designed fittings, including the innovative Scupper Venturis, Multifit fittings and a connected, adjustable Footrest system.
4. Vagabond kayaks are moulded with a double layer of plastic. There is a smooth outer shell of solid UV-stabilised polyethylene and an inner layer of aero polyethylene, which increases stiffness while reducing overall weight.
5. The Stand-up Platform on most of their kayaks makes it easier for paddlers to get onto the kayak and to get out unassisted.
6. Two handles on the sides of most of their kayaks allow for a double-handed grip so that a single person can carry and move the kayak without assistance.
7. Their whitewater kayaks have light-weight, composite outfitting.