Baviaanskloof Tented Camp
During 2019 the Camp will run from the 13th December until 5th January 2019.
The camp is situated within a private wilderness area in the heart of the Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve, this is the largest wilderness area in South Africa, and promises an unforgettable wilderness experience.
Where is the camp?
Located within the Baviaanskloof Mega Reserve in a private wilderness. The kloof is a vast area which stretches from Patensie in the east to Uniondale in the west, and lies mostly within the eastern cape.
What to do at the camp?
Typically guests select from an number of activities which are undertaken without the need for a guide, they include hiking, cycling, swimming, and 4×4 routes.
What does it cost?
R 1150.00 – PER ADULT PER NIGHT (SHARING).
R520.00 – PER CHILD (UNDER 16) WHEN SHARING WITH TWO ADULTS – MAX THREE CHILDREN CAN SHARE WITH TWO ADULTS.
Linen, towels and amenities.
Teas & coffees at meals.
Morning tea & coffee tent service.
All drinks – we have a modest selection available for purchase, and you are most welc0me to bring along your own.
Lunches – picnic lunches are available on request. Alternatively lunches are available at the nearby Padstal (Bistro)
What to bring
Hat and sun block.
Good walking shoes.
Your sense of adventure.
A light jacket for evenings.
The closest significant airport is George, and the camp is approximately 2,5 hours drive from George, 4,5 hours drive from Port Elizabeth. A regular sedan is able to reach the camp when approaching the kloof from the west (Uniondale / Willowmore). A high clearance vehicle at least and preferably a 4×4 is required if you are considering traversing the kloof from Patensie to the camp (from Patensie to the camp is shortest in terms of distance, but will take approximately 6 hours).
Things To Do
- There is no fuel available in the kloof, please ensure you fill up at Willowmore, Uniondale or Patensie. There are no atm’s in the kloof and it is advisable to bring cash with you.
- Guests with at least a high clearance vehicle should be able to traverse the kloof from the east (Patensie) and despite what Google maps may have you believe, this is approximately a 6 hour trip to the camp from Patensie. Travelling from Port Elizabeth, the trip will take approximately 4,5 hours. George is approximately 2,5 hours from the camp.
- Check in is after 2pm, and check-out is at 10am.
- There are no plug points in the tents (sorry no hair dryers can be used), and there is a charging station at the central guest area.
- Ice is available most days at the padstal. There is no ice available at the camp.
- If you are going to bring perishables along with you please ensure that you are able to keep them chilled, as the camp as limited chilling facilities.
- Shower times are generally between 17h00 and 18h00.
- Guests will be required to sign a general disclaimer upon arrival at the camp.
- No fires other than the camp fire are permitted in the kloof.